Wednesday, September 4, 2013

39 Weeks, 1 Day

I have been hit with the blessing truck. The fact that I even get to be pregnant is pretty dang awesome. I've seen how hard it is for some people in my life to not have this same opportunity and it makes me even more grateful. But what has really hit me is that I am almost done and have had no serious problems. The stomach issues I've had have been no worse than the stomach issues I've had my whole life. I was able to sort out the getting dizzy almost passing out thing at the doctor/dentist/in the car to be able to keep that under control. And there have been no scares or trips to the hospital other than my regular appointments. I read and heard about all sorts of added discomfort and pains and problems that women go through and I have not had to deal with any of that so far. Unless it hits in the next couple weeks I don't think I will either. 

It's just a huge blessing is all.

So... 

How far along? 39 Weeks
Total weight gain? About 30 lbs... it is taking a toll on my ability to stand up or sit down or roll over or want to move at all.

Maternity clothes? I prefer no clothes over the garments...which is why I spend a lot of time at home.  
Stretch marks? Nah...just some veins. I think my skin is pretty stretchy from when I was a chubby bunny for the first 14 years of my life.
Sleep? Sleeping is hard. But I'm not even going to attempt to complain about it, not even on the blog, because hearing "well you better get used to that because that baby will be keeping you up all night... blah blah blah" is getting old. Babies wake up a lot. I get the point. 
Best moment of the week? My appointment yesterday at the doctor. Although getting "checked" is probably one of the most unpleasant things ever, going each week with no complaints and her not having much to say is so comforting.
Movement?  We still have some good movement... she is starting to drop and those pains are exciting.
Food cravings? I really haven't craved anything since the SpaghettiO's phase of trimester one.
Belly button in or out? Unfortunately out. I'm accepting it.
Wedding ring on or off? Off. My poor new fat fingers.
Happy or Moody? Happy. I did have hissy fit at wal-mart, though, when I was trying to tell Travis a story and all of the people and cars in the parking lot were distracting me. I swear, nothing good happens at that store.
Weekly wisdom? If you can't shut off your brain in the middle of the night, plug in your ear buds and listen to a conference talk. Find the apostles with the most soothing voices too. You will either be put back to sleep or be spiritually uplifted. It's a win either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment