Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Full Term and What That Means

How cool is this picture?
It is definitely what I am imagining/dreaming my birthing experience will be like...She's even got boots on.
Really though.. I stole this picture from an article that I haven't finished yet but what I read was pretty interesting. It's about Mormon Midwifery in history. You can find it here

It has been 7 weeks since my last update. Things have been crazy. I'm not really that busy but I sure like to pretend/feel like I am. Here is a sweet picture of me looking hot.

My Best Outfit

Travis rolled his eyes at me when I tried to tell him how annoying it is when strangers see this bump of mine and tell me I look cute and ask me how far along I am. 

So it is getting officially documented on the blog to make me feel better.

We were at Wal-Mart the other night and some lady was commenting on my appearance while I was focusing hard on the cookie aisle... she repeated herself until I heard/acknowledged her. She kept walking while asking me questions (which was nice that she didn't stop and make me feel more awkward) but she ended by turning the corner and shouting back to me "Good Luck! Get an epidural!" 

Also there is a checker at Smith's who loves to have the same conversation with me every time I go there about how far along I am and the gender of our baby and her parents experience with guessing the gender of their babies. It's a conversation I assume she has with every pregnant lady that she helps. It has to be.

This umpire that works for us at the rec yelled up to me from the field (about 100 ft) to ask me if I've been having contractions yet I said "Don't ask me that!" And shut the window so she couldn't talk to me anymore. 

I'm an introvert, I don't really like talking to most people about most things.

That's a little dramatic and not entirely true though.

This is getting a little scattered so here is a questionnaire: 

How far along? 37 weeks "Full Term"
Total weight gain? About 20 pounds in the morning and 30 at night. It fluctuates pretty good.
Maternity clothes? Some maternity but I love embracing my real style and just wearing t-shirts and basketball shorts all the time and not feeling bad about it.
Stretch marks? Nope, fingers crossed it stays that way
Sleep? At night I'm really uncomfortable and when it's time to wake up in the morning it feels like I'm sleeping on a cloud. Weird how that works.
Best moment of the week? We got our crib and changing table put together and they are the best. Also, when I say we I mean Travis did it while I was at work and surprised me with them, he's the best.
Movement? Yes. I still love it but can definitely feel that things are starting to get cramped in there for her.
Food cravings? Still not really... but I ate a whole watermelon by myself in a few days last week. I don't know if that is out of the ordinary though...
Belly button in or out? It's a sensitive subject.
Wedding ring on or off? On. It fits just fine but when I Forget to wear it I always feel scandalous ha. 
Happy or Moody? Happy. Quitting the credit union did wonders for my emotional health. 
Weekly wisdom? Ignore any and all advice you get that is contrary to what you want. Especially at this point.
Looking forward to? That girl getting here! Even though I'm terrified of being a mom.

PS: Full term means absolutely nothing. Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment