Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday

My parents deserve a lot of credit for putting up with me through my darker stages of life, the middle school angst, the hormonal teenage years and the post teenage "what am I doing with my life, I hate everything" phase. I mean, they deserve a LOT of credit for that.

Mom and Dad, thanks for not shanking me.

But this Thankful Thursday post is dedicated to someone else who deserves praise for his patience and tolerance with me. One Mr Travis Kyle Dulaney.

*Possible Mush Alert*

I'm not the easiest person to live with. I have had some small freak outs about marriage, living in a tiny smelly old house, graduating college and feeling useless, being pregnant and scared out of my mind and plenty others. I also get frustrated with life and work and like to share every small detail about those frustrations with Travis.  And there are many other less than desirable quirks I have.

Not all days, but some days I feel like pregnancy takes that middle school angst, the teenage hormones and every bit of anxiety or frustration I've ever experienced and mashes it all together in one ball and then throws it in my face. I may sound a little over dramatic and that's probably because I am being over dramatic. But that's just the way it is.

Somehow Travis deals with all of that and still loves me. He is the most kind, patient and loving person I have ever met.  He only acts annoyed with me when I am being annoying, but never on multiple other occassions when he could be justified in doing so.  I have never heard him raise his voice or get angry (except for that one time he yelled at those guys on bullet bikes.) He does anything he can to make me happy. He works so hard all day every day and is still willing to cook dinner when I ... uh ... don't.  Just by how much he loves and cares about me I know he is going to be the best dad to our kids.

I don't ever feel like I deserve someone who treats me so well but I am thankful every day that my HF blessed me with Travis.

*Mush Ended*

Happy Thankful Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. You are great! I love that picture of the two of you. You two look wonderful. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete