Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Seventeen

Baby Dulaney is doing great this week.

I'm starting to show pretty good which I like and dislike. Here's why
     Like: It's looking less like a family bag of burgers and more like a real baby.
     Dislike: My balance. I used to be kind of coordinated but in my old age it has diminished a bit and even more in my pregnancy.

     Like: I think people at work will respect me a little more. There are two older ladies who are tellers and two younger ones. Us younger ones don't get respected nearly as much as the older ones... so maybe when they see I'm housing another human in my body they will be a little nicer to me.
     Dislike: I do not like to be touched by strangers or even acquaintances. But I'm pretty sure that many people think a baby in the belly is a fine excuse to ignore the rules of personal space. Or common decency.

     Like: I'm just assuming that the bigger it gets the more real it will seem. I sometimes forget there is a baby in there, or just feel like it's something that is in there forever now... not a growing baby that will come out eventually.
    Dislike: Any type of waddle-walk this bump will cause.

     Like: I feel more justified in wearing my sweats any time I am not at work.
     Dislike: Buying new clothes. I already bought a 10 pairs of a size too small of garments in December and I figured they would be okay... every day I become more and more aware how not okay it is.

Since I'm writing this at work this is the best updated picture I can give you...

The baby loves wearing my name tag



Also...
Birthday shout out to my mom. Happy 40th! I still can't believe how well you have turned out for starting to have kids at age 10!

1 comment: