Tuesday, June 18, 2013

28 Weeks

Welcome to the third trimester!

I was very warmly welcomed into this trimester with more nausea and morning sickness-like symptoms than I have had during this whole pregnancy. I thought that part was over... Then as I searched the forums and googles I found that it is not that uncommon to begin feeling sick again in the home stretch but this time you get to have the sickness mixed with swollen feet, visits to the bathroom every 45 minutes, back-aches, fatigue and a missing belly button. Luckily I really don't have that list of symptoms, except my belly button has almost disappeared and it is freaking me out.

How far along? 28 Weeks
Total weight gain? About 20 lbs... I am still trying to get used to this belly. I often think I can fit in smaller passageways than I can. For example, at the gym in the cardio section there are spaces between some of the machines. I used to be able to walk through those spaces if I turned sideways. I found out last week that I can no longer do that. That was embarrassing.

Maternity clothes? Stretchy comfy skirts, long shirts and whenever I am not at the bank, basketball shorts. To be honest though just the underwears are not too shabby... it's a good thing we don't get many visitors at our house.  
Stretch marks? Not yet... hopefully never.
Sleep? Not bad.
Best moment of the week? Hitting the third trimester mark.
Movement?  She moves...but I have no idea what her schedule is. She is hardly ever active at the same time two days in a row. I suppose you could say our baby does what she wants when she wants.
Food cravings? Travis introduced me to DQ crispy chicken salads. There is nothing special about them but I am in love. Fortunately they are a little more healthy than the chicken baskets.
Belly button in or out? Creepily on its way out, hopefully it just stays where it is.
Wedding ring on or off? On and loose. My fingers must be losing weight while the rest of me is gaining.
Happy or Moody? Happy, happy, happy. Although I did cry at the doctor yesterday when she said she could tell I didn't feel good... that was weird.
Weekly wisdom? Protein shakes are awesome for appetite-less days, or days you don't have other sources of protein. I couldn't gag a protein shake down in my first trimester but recently they have been saving me big time.

Looking forward to? Getting the baby's room together. We are moving in a week and can finally start the shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment